So, Last night I had the most vivid dream. I was hanging out with friends on a front porch and I saw a tornado form in front of my eyes. I saw the molecules and atoms and all the dust and debri begin to come toward me…. and then right as it was about to get to the place where I was at, it disappeared.
Then the dream turned to everyone running to their cars to try and get out of the city and tornadoes began to form all around. First off, this is not a good way to start your morning. This dream really freaked me out. So what does one do when they have questions about mundane things?….. They Google it!
SO this is what Google has to say about the meaning in dreaming of tornadoes:
Tornado’s may symbolize lots of things. They may link to bad things that are about to happen and problems that you are anticipating.
QUESTIONS to help you make associations(pick the one that makes most sense to you)
- What issue yesterday sent your mind into a spin?
- Have you been very stressed recently?
- What crisis are you planning for in the near future?
- Are there many changes in your life right now?
KEY WORDS : Uncertain, unforeseen,changes, weather forecast, stress(write down some quotes that capture your key feelings on issues that have been dominating your mind. Then see if any of these words could appear in those quotes)
KEY PHRASES(Pick a quote which captures your feelings right now. Think especially of the day before the dream) :
- “uncertain about the future”
- “coping with all these changes in my life”
- “I am having to come to terms with the changes in my life”
- “I cannot relax”
- “been told so many things at one time – simply bombarded with too much information”
- “I simply did not expect that”
- “I am starting to feel ill”
- “yesterdays weather forecast”
Tornado’s may symbolize your own uncertainties about the future. That can be linked to major changes taking place in your life. E.g.
So the question is… What is brewing in my life to cause insecurities? Should I be cautious about work? my relationship? my friends? Ugh!
What do you think? Are dreams just bundles up emotions that aren’t meant to make sense?